The capacity building initiative is aimed at supporting government run Vocational training Centers (VTCs) to improve the quality of training in their institutions by applying the key principles and processes of the BEST model to their programs. This is achieved through: Building the skills capacity of VTC training partners to implement a responsive, market based and demand driven approach to technical/vocational skills training (including entrepreneurship skills) based on the BEST model and the Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) framework of the Kenya Government.
- Enhanced capacity of Vocational Training instructors in becoming effective in their line of duty.
- Improved youth Experience at the vocational training centers.
- Higher enrollment due life skills training and adoption of student centered method of learning.
- Higher student retention.
- Increased participation and engagement of industry players in the training process leading to higher job placement absorption upon graduation