At CAP YEI, we endeavor to provide you with the following skills and support to the BEST
of our ability:
- Technical skills.
- Life skills.
- Entrepreneurship skills.
- Basic ICT skills.
- Communication skills.
- Work readiness skills.
- Support in linkages with industry
Therefore, as a student of CAP YEI, you have the right to:
- Learn in a safe and inclusive environment free from any kind of harassment, abuse,
bullying, discrimination, exploitation or threats.
- Be treated with respect, dignity and professionalism by CAP YEI staff and other
- Experience both the theoretical and practical applications of your course during
- Receive support, to the best level possible, to secure industry linkages for on the job
training, internships, work readiness and placements.
- Be given a clear explanation for any fees, learning materials or any other levies
charged and be given a receipt for any money that you pay.
- Receive feedback on your learning progress as well as support with any parts of the
learning experience that you may have difficulty with.
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of all the requirements of your
In return CAP YEI expects you to:
- Follow the instructions of staff and raise any challenges you may face right away.
- Attend all classes on time and carry out assignments and any extra work required of
- Ensure that the learning environment is kept clean and free from disruptions and
that all tools and equipment are well maintained.
- Pay, through the prescribed methods, registration fees and any levies that may be
required as part of your course and promptly inform the staff if you are having
problems doing so.
- Report to the Center Coordinator, Facilitator or any other CAPYEI staff any issue that
you feel may threaten the safety and dignity of yourself or your colleagues.
- After completing your course, “Give back” one day by helping someone else the
way you were helped